Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Coming Soon... Maggie's Taxi Service

Let it be known that I am 21 and do not have a license... yep you read that right MAGGIE CAN'T DRIVE!!!!! Growing up I always imagined getting a license and car at 16 and just running the town, but for some reason that didn't happen. When I was a sophomore in high school I took drivers ed, at that point it was known that I wasn't getting a car and I was totally fine with that. Unlike most kids the words no car to me meant no need for a license. Slowly but surely my friends all got cars and licenses and I was over the moon about riding with them to all the cool places. 

Fast forward 5 years and now here we are, all my friends are away at school, I am 21 and I have to depend on people to take and pick me up from places. You would think that I would be totally embarrassed, but truth be told I am not embarrassed one bit. Any time I hear of someone not having a license and being old I am elated! But my hitching a ride places is slowly but surely coming to an end. The family I nanny for is really needing me to drive, and I totally understand. 

So with that being said I have been taking driving lessons the last two weeks in preparation for my driving test. To say I wasn't scared when I first started would be a total LIE. However, I am here to tell you that today I was forced to drive on I45 at lunch time and I wasn't even one bit nervous. I just hopped right on got where I needed to be and back, and TOTALLY SURVIVED. I am feeling super super proud of myself right about now. 

Hopefully Maggie's Taxi Service will be opening in the next week! Please put in your orders now so I can plan my schedule accordingly ;). Seriously though to all my friends and family that have driven me around the last 21 years THANK YOU!!!! I wouldn't be where I am today with out all the love and encouragement I have gotten in order to get me a license haha!!! It means more to me than you will ever know.


So here's to you license... I hope everyone else enjoys you as much as I will! 


XOXOXO,

Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com