Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Letting the Light Shine Through

A couple weeks ago a dear friend of mine, asked if I would like to join her in reading the bible front to back. I thought to myself, that is such a good idea. There is no better way than filling your summer days with some Jesus. He can be a light to all! Often times I find myself wondering how is it possible that The Lord can be a light to so many people, when I struggle being just a light to myself? Then I remember I was placed on this earth with a purpose, and though my purpose has not been completely fulfilled I know that before this life is over, I will have accomplished the goal that The Lord has for me! One thing that I do know though is that everyone is a winner in one way or another. Whether it is having a lot patience, being a super star or just simply being a good listener, EVERYONE was brought on this earth to conquer what was best suited for them.

Somedays I wake up with the feeling of wanting to change the world, and other days I wake up with thoughts of doubt, but it's in that moment that I remember I must push through for my job is not yet completed. Before too long  I won't have all this free time to just sit back and relax. My carefree days will soon be filled with little children running around screaming, and dogs and cats whining , but in those  moments I will remember The Lord placed me on this earth to love and nurture children of all sorts. Children near and children far. He gave me this heart to love and beloved all at the same time!

So this summer I will learn to love a little harder and cherish these moments that I was blessed with. I  encourage you all to come along side of me as I read my bible front to back with my dear friend Carrie!


Love to all!!


Maggie

1 comment:

  1. You are truly a light Maggie! And you hit the nail on the head -- when we recognize how truly *beloved* we are by the Lord, we are filled up to share His love with every one we encounter! :) Love you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com