Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend

This past weekend I enjoyed a long weekend at my friend Carrie's lake house. We ventured out on Saturday morning. It is on Lake Cedar Creek which is right before Dallas. The drive was pretty short and sweet, with a stop at Bucees on the way there. We arrived at the lake just in time for lunch! We wanted to get up there fairly early, so that we would have at least 2 full days. Most of Saturday was spent laying out and just relaxing. Definitely some of my favorite things to do. The rest of Carrie's family trickled on in throughout the day. Saturday night was full of yummy food, games and lots of laughter. Their family is really into a game called SHARK, and let me just tell you it is almost impossible... It was definitely too hard for me! 

Sunday morning we woke up bright and early, had some yummy breakfast and then we were off for a boat ride. Boat rides are one of my all time favorite things to do. If I could just sleep on a boat as it sails through the water I'd be in heaven! After spending another whole day outside, we gathered to enjoy another delicious meal  for dinner. 

I am not one who eats three full course meals so by the end of Sunday night I started to kind of feel sick at my stomach.There was so much rich and delicious food that my tummy just didn't know how to handle it. After dinner Saturday night, I headed off to take a shower and get some rest while the others played some more games. I was sad to miss the fun, but I thoroughly enjoyed my rest. 

We woke up yesterday and kind of just took our time getting all of our stuff together and soaking up our last couple hours of "freedom". We enjoyed one last boat ride before heading back home to Houston. The drive home was longer than on the way up there because of all the crazy weather. Man oh man did we luck out on all the beautiful weather this weekend. I was very excited to get home and enjoy some of my mom's yummy potato salad and ribs! I sure do love a little get away, but I must say I also love coming home to my bed, family and my little routine.

So now here I am wishing and hoping that my days left of freedom are filled with relaxation, nights out with friends and just enjoying all the things that I am blessed with. 

Until next time!

XOXOXOXO,

Maggie 

  

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! I must agree with you on boat rides, they are up there with my favorite things on earth! I am glad you had such a great time with Carrie's family! Yay for summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awesome- and I totally agree with boat rides! Best thing ever!!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com