Sunday, May 18, 2014

The Eyes of TEXAS are Upon You!

This past weekend my sweet sister graduated from the University of Texas! Our family had the privilege of going to Austin to celebrate Lauren all weekend long. Lauren knew from pretty much the start of her high school career that she wanted to go to UT. She has worked so hard to get to where she is today, and I couldn't be prouder. She is a walking example of "hard work pays off!" 

We got to Austin early on Thursday evening, where we met up with my sister,Aunt Jane, and Uncle Steve. The five of us headed to Trudy's for dinner, so we could kick off the weekend the right way. My dad and brother came up a little bit later than us on Thursday, but they were able to make it for dinner which was great. After waiting for TWO HOURS we finally got seated.. y'all I was getting soooo "hangry". After dinner we parted ways with my sister and everyone, but her went back to the hotel,while she went home to her apartment. From then on out we were on the go 24/7, to the point you barely could stop and catch your breath. I love being busy but let me tell you this wore me out. Friday and Saturday were full of graduation festivities. We were able to get a little bit of shopping in which is always a nice thing! 

Today we slowly woke up and packed our stuff. We said our goodbyes to Lauren and took my Aunt to the airport. And then off we went to Houston! It was a short little ride back to Houston. That is one of the greatest things about UT it is so close to home. My sister will stay in Austin one more week, before coming home to start her job here in Houston! We are so lucky to be able to have her coming back home. 

Lauren, you are a star and I am so blessed to call you my sweet and smart sister! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! 

And since every post is better with pictures, I will leave you with some from this weekend!

Outside at Trudy's 

Dinner at the Roaring Fork!

My brother and I waiting for the graduation to start

The sweetest friend ever and I at Lauren and her friend's graduation party!

XOXOXOXOXO,

Maggie

1 comment:

  1. What a special weekend! I love the pics! So happy for your family to celebrate Lauren's tremendous accomplishment all together, such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com