Sunday, October 5, 2014

Leaving Behind The Teens

In just a couple weeks I will be leaving behind "my young adulthood/teen years" and entering my 20's. To some that might be still super young, and to others it might be super old. But to me I am leaning toward another day older! Like  I've stated in other posts I long for the day that I am no longer labeled in the same category as a "young immature teen". I finally think that time has come and I couldn't be more excited. This weekend I was asked what my plans were after attending this last year at HCC.. My response was "work and continue going to school at UH. I don't want to go away because I am not into all the partying and such that comes along with the whole college thing." I truly feel that it takes a special person to say they'd rather live at home attend the local college and work rather than, go off to school, party 24/7 and hope and pray the "saying D's get degrees" still is true.

I have never been one that was dying to fit in or just did things to make myself feel on top of the world. I have always been a super cautious person, who would rather not push the limit! I know some people are probably thinking "wow this girl needs to live a little." And I agree living and taking chances every once and a while is great, and I do that, but taking chances all the time just aint my style. So while some kids are sad to say goodbye to their teens years, I am rather happy! Happy that I am maturing as a person, happy that I have been blessed for 20 years, happy that I've had the opportunity work and know what it's like to budget money, but most importantly happy that I have been through many struggles in my life, but in the end I always come out on top and a little more wiser than I was when I was first struck.

I hope that in 20 years I will look back at this blog and still have the same thoughts as I do now. I hope that in those 20 years I am able to finish my college degree, find a wonderful job, marry the most godly man on this planet, have lots of children, and have the opportunity to teach my children that in this broken world there is a way to succeed and their mom is a living example of it. I hope and pray that I can raise a family that is loving,generous and all around humble.

I can't thank the Lord enough for giving me the life He did. For allowing me to not live a perfect life, but know that just because life isn't perfect doesn't mean that it won't go on. It's about looking at the glass half full instead of half empty in the darkest of days.

So on my twentieth birthday I will be rejoicing at the fact that I am one year older, one year wiser, and one year closer to reaching all my goals. Life is good y'all and I am so thankful to be apart of this great big world, made by our wonderful creator!

I hope you all have a wonderful week!


XOXOXOXO,

Maggie  

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I know you are so ready to leave the teens behind! The 20s are a wonderful time! God has awesome things in store for your next decade! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com