Thursday, October 16, 2014

Momma Bear Protecting Her Cubs!

Today, I had to break out into full on Momma Bear! Ryan and some of his little fifth grade friends met up to go ride on their skateboards. The meeting place as always was Ryan's house! I love having kids running in and out of our house, because I am in charge and I know no "funny"business will be going on. Before they went on their ride around the hood, they were going to stop at one of the boys houses to pick something up. Five minutes after leaving the house, I hear a knock on the door. I quickly go to the door to see one of Ryan's little friends standing there (this boy was not with them originally!). I answer the door, and Ryan's friend asks me if Ryan was home. I said "no Ryan JUST left with a bunch of boys, and they should be at Ben's house." Ryan's little friend looks at me and goes "I just came from Ben's and his mom said they weren't there. I think they ditched me!" OH NO NO NO.... I am not going to let that fly. No one ditches anyone on my watch. I'm sorry. I yell for Sammie up the stairs, quickly put a leash on Roxie and the three of us plus Ryan's friend are out the door. I am on a hunt for Ryan and the rest of the boys, and my first stop is Ben's house.

I walk up to Ben's house and ring the door bell only to have his mom come to the door to tell me " Oh the boys aren't here, I'm not sure where they are?" At this point I'm livid...not only is Ryan not answering his phone, but he is also no where to be found. As soon as I get to the end of the street I see a pack of boys fly on by, and I knew it was them. I walked as fast as I could to catch up to them, and by this point, half of them fled the scene. Clearly because they knew I WAS MAD. Ryan though is smart enough to know that he needed to go home, because he was about to have a little talking to. I am almost to Ryan, and he knew right away that I was not a happy camper. After asking him where he had been, why he wasn't answering my calls, and what all these boys were up to? He confessed that some of the boys were indeed trying to ditch his little friend. Ryan being the sweet boy that he is had started to head home when they started their ditching plan. I was so proud of him, but I still was not going to let these other boys get away with such a thing. So I marched my little self along with Sammie, Ryan and Ryan's little friend to the house that all these boys fled to. I walked right into the backyard, and gave all those boys a piece of my mind. I explained to them that what they were doing was not appropriate, and that if they continued to do it I would no longer allow Ryan to play with them while I am there. They shook their heads and said "YES MA'AM!"

There is just something about little fifth graders ditching people that screams "bullying" to me and I don't stand for that at all. These children might not be mine, and I might not be their nanny or their mom, but I will stand up for every single one of them. My heart was breaking and pumping all at the same time for this precious little soul, who had gotten his feelings hurt. I am not afraid to stand up to anyone who is in the wrong. In the end it's them who needs the adjusting not me. I want everyone to be happy, and I feel like I can help make that happen. And yes I know somethings the boys need to work out on their own, but this was something that I knew needed some Momma Bear!

I am so glad we got it all resolved, and I hope and pray that it never happens again! Not sure my little heart can take anymore of that.

Have a fabulous weekend!!

XOXOXOXO,

Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com