Tuesday, November 18, 2014

God is Good!

My last couple posts have been filled with lots of mixed emotions. Emotions that are both good and bad. Some that I felt like I wasn't quite sure why I was feeling the way I was feeling, and others that were just real life problems. Often times when I am feeling stressed, my go to just like most people is a little pity party! Whether it is with others around pitting with me or just me alone, I find myself doing this every time. I've started to realize though that it doesn't make the situation any better, in fact I think it does the quite opposite. It gets me thinking about my terrible  terribly wonderful life a little more than needed. Don't get me wrong I am not saying don't vent every once and a while, but having a full on pity party that lasts sometimes days is a little overboard. 

This week my heart truly hit rock bottom, to the point that it was torn apart and I am still recovering. And that is when I realized my sweet little problems aren't all that bad. A guy that I know pretty well lost his mom suddenly. She was perfectly healthy and all was well, until Sunday night when she had a stroke. She was in a coma for less than 24 hours before passing on to her heavenly home. I did not know her personally, but I knew both her son and one of her daughters, and that was enough for me to feel deeply saddened. These three kids (she has another daughter) no longer have a mom here on earth. They will continue to grow up without her by their side. I can't even imagine. I have asked God many times in the last two days why? Why did you have to choose her? Why did you not give them any notice? And each time peaceful thoughts fill my head as to why she was the chosen one. Do I think it's fair, no, I don't but do I have a peaceful understanding that God will provide for both her and her family, yes I do! Life is short y'all and at any moment God can call any one of us home. It is terribly scary, but it is so great to know that he is always going to care for us. So while he is "stressed out" and dealing with far greater things than I can ever imagine, I am never aware of those times, because he does not complain, and he always picks up the slack.

It is so cool to know that something so big in our minds is actually one of the smallest possible things ever. Sometimes life hands us things that seem like a lot to handle at the time, but we always get through them, and that is because of our lovely K I N G! The lord has really used this week as an example of how precious life truly is, and that we should tell our family and friends we love them every chance we get. We can never love enough no matter how hard we try, but that is okay because The Lord is able to pick up our burdens and love each and everyone of us a little more each and every day. 

My hope is that this sweet family feels the love and prayers from all. That they are able to get through the holidays and know that their mom is now able to celebrate all holidays in Heaven! How cool is that? I bet it is way better than here on earth!! I also hope and pray that they lean on each other during this difficult time. It never gets easier, but eventually they will begin to feel somewhat of a new normal! 

I will leave you with the song I am obsessed with right now!!! 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoZE2RsthRg

I hope everyone has a fabulous rest of the week!! 


XOXOXO,

Maggie

1 comment:

  1. Great post! You are right, God is so good all of the time, no matter is going on around us! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com