Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today, I am thankful for many things, but there are a few things that I am extra thankful for; a loving family, wonderful friends, and good health! I am so extremely thankful that I get to wake up to the smell of turkey and all the yummy sides that come with it, that my mom always spends all day cooking just so that we have an enjoyable dinner! There are so many things to be thankful for today and everyday.

For some the holiday season brings joy and laughter and for others it brings tears and memories. My prayer for those that are suffering this holiday season is that you take time to reflect on all of your wonderful memories with your loved ones, and that you feel The Lord's presence. And for those that are having a Thanksgiving filled with joy and laughter, my prayer is that you take time to love on each and everyone of those family members, and thank The Lord for blessing you in such a huge way. Thanksgiving is by far my favorite holiday! There are so many things I love about it. I love knowing that I can just celebrate with my family, and not feel any pressure about giving or receiving any gifts. That we can express our love for each other and just relax. This time of year tends to get a little stressful with several different activities approaching, so when Thanksgiving finally rolls around, I can finally feel that little bit of break.

This time last year my brother and dad were living in Oklahoma for their jobs and my mom and I were living in Houston while Lauren lived and went to school in Austin. We were all spread apart, but we made sure to make the best of it! I am happy that is no longer the case and we are all together again under one roof!


Life is so good y'all!!! I am blessed!


Happy Thanksgiving from my family to yours!


XOXOXOXO,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com