Saturday, November 1, 2014

The End of October

My oh my is it really November?! I just blinked and boom it was almost Christmas time. Well not really, but lets be honest we all wish the weather would get a little colder and the holiday cheer would begin to spread! The last couple weeks have been nothing but crazy busy, but also full of a lot of nothing.

Last Thursday I got sick with a terrible stomach bug! It was the worst I had felt in a REALLY long time. A feeling that I had hoped would not stay long. Sadly it had other plans for me... Friday the 24th I turned 20 and didn't look back! Although I was sick I did not let that stop my celebrations that I had planned. You only turn 20 once right? Why stop all the celebrations then! Friday was filled with lots of love,laughs and good times despite the sickness. The rest of that weekend was just filled with sleep upon sleep. The Monday and Tuesday to follow were again filled with lots of sleep and the absence of school and work. For some that might be really exciting, but for me not so much. I hate having to catch up on things and now I was having to catch up on school and life all at the same time and I just felt so overwhelmed. Actually overwhelmed enough that one night I found myself crying for no reason at all! Just flat out blubbering like a baby because I could! I soon got over that and realized that I needed to move on with my life and that eventually I would be back on track and things would seem to be okay. And what do you know Wednesday I was back at work and school and life seemed normal again. No, I wasn't feeling that great yet, but I was back in my routine and that's all I needed. Finally today (Saturday) I feel 100% better. I was able to run all day and babysit without any problems! Thank you LORD!

This semester has been long, hard, and just very overwhelming for me. I don't know if it's the little bit of my slack, the slack of the professors or both, but I am finding this semester to be so much harder. Don't get me wrong I still work my tail off to get my stuff done, but sometimes I feel like that just isn't enough. I will surely be ready for this semester to end in just a couple months. I am in disbelief that in just about 3 weeks Thanksgiving will be here and then shortly after that we will be dealing with Christmas. For now I am just trying to keep my head above the water so that I can keep swimming.

Although there are times that I feel completely overwhelmed and I just want to give up, I think about all the things that I have been blessed with and keep trucking. My life to some people might seem super challenging, but to others it seems to be the perfect life that they would die to have. So for those people, I commend you for whatever hardship you might be going through, and I want to thank you for showing me what it's like to keep pushing on! Sometimes we take life for granted and in those times we really need to step back and think was that really necessary? Not everyone walks the same path you do, so take a minute and try another path for a day just to see the difference. Change isn't always easy, and fun but it is always possible.

I am grateful and couldn't love life more if I tried! Thanks life for always sticking by my side whether you wanted to or not.



XOXOXOXO,

Maggie 

1 comment:

  1. Life is a wild ride full of ups and downs for sure! I'm so proud of you for having a positive attitude, no matter what comes your way! This semester will be over before your know it and you'll be one step further down the road of college! Love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com