Sunday, January 4, 2015

Praying For Others!

Often times I find myself praying for more of my own needs than those less fortunate. Whether it is that they don't know The Lord, or they are just simply lost as to what it takes to fully trust in Him, I am the one being selfish in not thinking of them. Our father wants us to love others deeply, to be able to know each other and grow together. He wants nothing more than for us all to be one, one church, one family, one community. But it's not that easy. Although it is not easy, it is definitely possible, and it starts with people like me. It's stepping out of your comfort zone to know someone better, it's getting up in the morning and using your phone to text a friend and ask them what it is that they want you to pray for them, rather than checking social media. I am not going to lie, when I get up in the morning I am checking my emails, getting on facebook and instagram. I am not thinking of others, or better yet what is truly good for myself.

I am a huge believer in the power of prayer. I think it is something that every one is capable of doing, and truly I have never been let down by it. With that being said, Pastor Gregg Matte today picked three different things to pray about. The first two were that more people would come to know The Lord at Second Baptist and one other church that I can't remember (those are the things his pastor friends at those churches asked him to pray for). The third thing was some thing that is always on my heart and truly brings me to tears every time I think about it. The evil thing we call infertility.

I am going to take y'all back a little bit to this summer... This summer I was extremely sick. I suffered from Kidney Stones and also a Cyst on my ovary. It was a really dark time for me, I always felt weak, and I just couldn't ever seem to kick my sickness. I felt like it was one thing after another and I was truly lost. But I prayed and prayed for The Lord to just wash me clean. To rid my body of sickness and to show my body that it can overcome this. What do you know that is exactly what happened. By the beginning of October I was feeling much better, and couldn't thank The Lord more even if I tried for answering my prayers. Ok, so now that we have that little back story I can go into why the thought of going through infertility totally overwhelms me. You see at 19 years old I was being told that since I had a cyst on my ovary, I could possibly have a hard time getting pregnant. And although I am young and have a good 8 or so years before I will even think about having children, it is just still so hard to hear. I have grown up loving children, loving the feeling of being nurturing, and just caring for little souls that don't have to have a care in the world. So Gregg's last prayer was for a couple who was on the infertility journey, they were struggling, they were lost and they truly needed prayers. He welcomed this couple onto the stage, and in that moment I just burst into tears. How could such a sweet couple, who longed for a family get hit over the head with such news like that. Why is that fair? But then I remembered all things are possible through Him. We have to trust that our Heavenly Father has a plan. He knows exactly what this couple needs, and he has their best interest in mind all the time!

I was overcome with such joy just knowing that that sweet couple was going to have answers one way or another. That they could depend on someone other than each other to pray about their journey. Although this might not be there timing, it is God's and his timing is the best timing. He is faithful no matter what.

I learned today that I need to take time to pray for others more often and not just myself, that trusting The Lord in all that I do is truly the answer, and that there is never a better time line than God's time line.

So I leave you with this.. my new years resolution is to pray for others more often, and to fully understand The Lord's timing.


XOXOXO,

Maggie

1 comment:

  1. Such a great reminder of the power of prayer! I loved this! Great post!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com