Monday, January 19, 2015

The Start of Another Semester

On the start of the 7th week of break, someone came through and forced school upon us again. This has been some of the best rest and relaxation I have gotten in a really really long time. One week out of hell out of a whole semester is totally worth it, if this is always the reward. I love routine and I love having set plans everyday, but the fact that I have to be up everyday at 7:00 is something that I don't like at all! 

This will be my 4th semester in college! It is weird to think that at the end of the semester I will be half way done with college. The last two years have definitely been challenging, both for good and bad reasons. One thing though is I am so thankful that I have had the opportunity to further my education. I might not like school and getting up in the morning, but I know I will be so thankful for it when I am set in my teaching career. It's taken me a long time to get where I am today. So while tomorrow I will be annoyed that I have to get up and go to school, I know 20 years from now when I am waking up I will be so glad, that I got up and went to school way back when. 

For the first 5 weeks of break I spent my time hanging out with my family and all my friends that were home from college. It was so nice to be able to slowly wake up and not feel like I had to rush to do something. Those 5 weeks were filled with so much happiness. A happiness that I had been longing for the last 4 months. A feeling that I wish never had to escape my precious heart and soul. Sadly though my friends had to go back to school and my family had to start back to work way before me! I still had a solid 2 weeks before I had to go back and I was worried that I would be bored to tears. Luckily that was not the case at all. The last two weeks I have spent time to myself, time to embrace silence, and time to just relax. And in those 2 weeks, I have also spent so much time with one of my nearest and dearest friends. It truly has been so amazing!!

Although my freedom and time of rest has come to an end, my heart is still trying to overcome all the joy that this break has brought to me. I cherish my time with my loved ones! I always look forward to family time and friends coming home to visit. But I also love my little life and my little routine that goes along with it. 

So tomorrow I will spend yet another day in a classroom full of new people and professors, I will learn something new, and  I will go back to longing for the weekends to never end! I am ready to tackle another semester of college! 

Thank you Christmas break for exceeding my expectations! You treated me so well!

XOXOXO,

Maggie 

1 comment:

  1. Blessings abound! Grace upon grace as the book of John says! :) SO thankful you had such an amazing break and that we got to hang out, too!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com