Wednesday, April 2, 2014

When Everything Starts to Bloom

Recently I was looking around and reading some new blogs when I came across this one called "Enjoying the Small Things" Something about the name really caught my eye. Yes I'll admit, if your blog doesn't have a cute title or background I tend to not be a consistent reader! Right as I got to the blog I immediately started from the beginning, and let me just tell you the lady behind this blog really knows how to pull you in and hook you. After a couple hours of reading this blog (this shows you how hooked I was) I emailed my friend Laura and told her that she had to read this blog. She emails me back bright and early the next morning and tells me that she has been reading this blog for quite some time now, and that she can't believe that we've never talked about this before.

After reading this blog and discovering that this lady had also written a book, you better believe I was going right to the store to buy it. Little did I know that Laura not only reads her blog but also has her book and read that too. So I did not have to go out and buy the book because my sweet friend was going to lend it to me to read. I am now in my like 4th day of reading it, and almost every time I read another page I am brought to tears. This mom expresses her pain and happiness as she tells the story about their family and her Down Syndrome daughter. She couldn't be anymore real with her day to day struggle to be the best mom, wife, and friend even if you asked her to. She is truly a gift from God.

Although  I don't know her personally I totally feel like I do. I feel as if I am walking along side her as she tells her sweet story. She shows the readers that even if God doesn't always grant you the sweetest life right off the bat, that doesn't mean you can't make it sweet!

So next time you are looking for a good read that will make you not want to get out of bed because you are too busy reading, I suggest you read the book "Bloom" written by Kelle Hampton!

"Because of my integrity you uphold me and set me in your presence forever."- Psalm 41:12

XOXOXOXOXO,

Maggie


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com