Thursday, March 27, 2014

The Countdown

The countdown to summer has officially begun! I am down to 24 more days of my freshmen year of college. Where did the time go? I remember the last of my friends going off to college, and all the tears I cried, because I was the only one staying in Houston like it was yesterday. All the coulda, woulda, shouldas that I thought about as the summer came to an end. Looking back now I wouldn't have done anything differently. I am truly so content with staying in Houston, focusing on my grades and having my friends come home to visit me! I will say though that I do wish I was able to visit my friends a little bit more than I did, but I had so much to get done in this new journey that I didn't really have much free time.

If a senior were to ask me if it was a smart idea to go to community college for the first year or so, I would totally say yes! It is such a nice transition, the classes are small just like high school, there is so much less pressure and you aren't totally lost when you first start out. Oh did I forget to mention the money that you will save, because that is a blessing in its self haha. Friends are the only minor downfall of community college. None of the people you meet are going to be people that you will keep up with the rest of your life. They are friends for the moment kind of people. You chat in class and you will say hi when you see them around, but you most likely will not call them up to hangout. Mostly because people that are doing the whole community college thing have jobs and other things in life that make them crazy busy.

As much as I am SOO excited for this school year to come to an end so I can start my summer, I am also so nervous and stressed. I haven't even thought about the last of my tests I am going to take or my FINALS for that matter. I have just been taking life day by day, and it is slowly starting to scare me more and more. I am ready for no alarms, staying up late, having my friends home and just relaxing, but I will surely miss the routine that I have. I am not one that loves change, so the school year is always I nice way for me to keep everything in order and timely. One thing that I know for sure, is that I won't have to worry at all about going back to school this time around. The beginning of this year totally rocked my world. I was so lost without my best friends, I didn't like the feeling of not knowing anyone and everything was just different. It wasn't until about Thanksgiving that I started to accept that this was my new normal. Life was going to go on and my friends were going to have somewhat of a new life, but they would love me and cherish my friendship just as much as they did before. So one thing  I know for sure is that at the end of the summer I will totally be ready for school, and it will not be the end of the world this time!

So heres to you summer 2k14, I am READY!!!!!

XOXOXOXOXO,

Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com