Friday, March 14, 2014

'COLA ON THE BEACH!

Spring break started off with a day of sleeping in and no work! That is the perfect start to spring break if you ask me. On Sunday morning bright and early I headed to the airport to catch a quick flight to the BIG EASY! After a plane ride that felt like you were flying over Kirkwood and hitting every pot hole, I finally arrived in NOLA. Lauren left the day before and spent a night in NOLA with some friends, so she was waiting for me there as I arrived off the plane. We then gathered the crew (the other girls that were going on the trip) and headed for some beignets. You can't go to NOLA and not stop for beignets!! After our oh so sweet breakfast we hopped in the car and drove the rest of the way to Pensacola,Florida.

Once we arrived in The 'Cola we checked into our condo and started our spring break adventure. First stop was the grocery store to stock up on lots of yummy food! After all the shopping was done it was almost dinner time, so we were not able to experience any of the beach, but we were able to look out over our beautiful balcony and see the crystal clear water. Let me just tell you it is NOTHING like Galveston!!! It is so relaxing to just sit out on the balcony and watch the ripples in the water and the boats cruise on by. On Monday we slept in, ate a late breakfast and then packed a picnic so we could spend the rest of the day at the beach. We loaded ourselves with sunscreen and headed for the beach, it was such a pretty day, sunny and 75!! Since  it is much cooler and breezier in Florida you can't tell if the sun is hitting you or not, but don't let that fool you.... I kept thinking to myself "wow I am not getting any sun :(" it wasn't until  I got in the hot tub that night that I realized I got WAY to much sun! So Tuesday I had to pay the price and relax in the condo, but it was pretty nice because it was pretty foggy anyways. As I was laying in bed surfing the web I faintly heard this voice that sounded like an operator say " Emergency please exit immediately and avoid using stairs" I kind of laid there for a minute and thought maybe it was the T.V. in the living room where the other girls were. After hearing it again I realized nope that is definitely coming from this room...so I quickly ran into the living room and was like we need to evacuate NOW, something is going on! Mind you all of us are in our pajamas just lounging around being lazy. We all quickly grabbed our phones and ran for the stairs. Let me just tell you running down 18 flights of stairs with a killer sunburn all over your legs is HORRIBLE!!! After waiting about 20 mins outside the resort, they tell us that it was nothing, someone just set off the fire alarm from BURNING BACON. So all that running for nothing!!! We continued to catch our breath as we slowly made our way back to the room. The rest of the day was finished with more T.V. watching, snacking and just being LAZY! After being in the condo for almost a full day, minus our small evacuation I was so ready to smell some fresh air. We decided to venture out and walk on the beach after dinner. As soon as we felt the sand beneath our toes we had to turn right around to go back because it started to rain! I decided I was going to go ahead and go to sleep fairly early, since  I knew we'd be hitting the beach up again on Wednesday bright and early.

Wednesday was quite chilly but that did not stop us from catching some rays. We lasted about 45 minutes at the beach, and then figured it was probably in our best interest to head to the heated pools and hot tub where we would be MUCH warmer. I must admit getting into a hot tub when you have a TERRIBLE sunburn is like laying in a fire. My skin was crawling when I would first get in, but eventually it would get better and I was so enjoying the relaxation. That night we went to a restaurant called Peg a Leg Pete's it was a seafood place which is not really my favorite, but everyone else enjoys it so I just went along. I orded chicken fingers...  I know a total kid move but hey give a sister a break, seafood is pretty SICK!!!!!! Wednesday night was spent packing up and getting the condo put back together. As I laid in bed on my last night in the place that I had made so many memories in just 4 shorts days, I thanked The Lord for all the things I am blessed with. None of this would have been possible if it wasn't for THE MAN upstairs.

We headed back to the wonderful HTOWN on Thursday. We did one last Pensacola chant before we left the premises of Pensacola, Florida! It was a long 11 hours back home, and by the end I was so ready to get home and sleep in my own bed. You really don't know how much you appreciate your bed until you are gone from it for quite some time.

Thank you Pensacola for making this spring break such a memorable one! I will be back to sip on a couple more margaritas  colas!


XOXOXOXOXO,
Maggie 

1 comment:

  1. Such a great trip! I am so glad you had such a wonderful time! :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com