Sunday, March 2, 2014

Keep Austin Weird

This weekend my mom and I packed our bags and headed to the not so weird Austin,TX. My sweet sister Lauren was celebrating her Mom's Weekend with her sorority, and I was lucky enough that I got to tag along. The weekend was so fun and crazy busy! We were busy from sunrise to sunset. There was a lot of laughing, game playing, wonderful dinners, and tons of shopping done this weekend, all of which I love! I always love when we are able to go visit Lauren, whether its crazy busy the whole time we are there or if we just sit around.

We arrived Friday late afternoon with lots of excitement for the weekend. My mom and sister went to one of the many events that evening while I went to dinner with Lauren's roommate Michelle and one of Lauren's other friends sister. As Michelle, Lindsey, and I waited 45 mins for a table at Trudy's Mexican Restaurant I did LOTS of people watching! Although, Austin and Houston are only a short distance from each other the difference in people in is incredible. It is always nice to get a different taste of the world every once in awhile HAHA. Friday night after dinner we just went back to the apartment and RELAXED!!! That 8:00 AM alarm quickly rolled around on Saturday morning and we were up, out and at brunch by 10:30. We went to the yummiest restaurant called Taverna, I highly recommend it if you are ever in Austin. After breakfast and lots of shopping we went back to Lauren's apartment and relaxed and played some games! Get a little wine in the mom's and the games instantly become more fun!!! Even though we stayed in last night, we were still up way too late. We got up bright and early again this morning, so that we could do some things before my mom and I headed back to Houston. Lauren and my mom went to a brunch for her sorority, while I went to lunch with her roommate Michelle and her other roommates sister McKenna. After cleaning up and saying goodbye to Lauren my mom and I were back on the road to Houston! 

I couldn't be more blessed to have such a fun and loving mom and sister! I truly cherish our fun weekends together and all the memories we make.  

XOXOXOXOXO, 

Maggie 

1 comment:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com