Thursday, March 6, 2014

Old Soul!

Ever since  I was little I have always been obsessed with acting older than I actually am. People would always say "wow you are so mature" or "you truly have an old soul for being so young". Most people at my age probably wouldn't like hearing "you have an old soul", but not me! I love everything about becoming an adult, I love acting like a grown up, I like having responsibilities, I like not being told what I have to do, I just really like everything about adulthood. Call me crazy but that is just me! I long for the day that I will be married and have children of my own, but until then  I will cherish the time I get to spend with the sweet kiddos I get to babysit. Whether it is the adorable Squillante kiddos or the crazy,goofy and fun loving Smith kids I always love my time spent with them. I like practicing my mom duty and having the in charge feeling.

All of high school I counted down the days until graduation, you might think well yes everyone does that... My count down was for a much different reason than most teenagers. Mine was the count down until I no longer had to watch the kids at my high school make stupid choices. I was never one to go out and party or lie to my mom about where I was. That was not what made me feel important, and I am so thankful that I never had to fall into that peer pressure. I was very blessed with loving friends who had the same view on life as I did! We went through all of high school without making a stupid choice, or going to the local party to get crazy and forget all about what we did that night. I am not saying I am some crazy saint or anything, because I am far from it and I have made plenty of mistakes in life. But I do think that teenagers today do things for the wrong reason. Most nineteen year olds aren't looking forward to graduating college and getting a job in the real world, they are most likely wanting to stay in college so they can live the party life. I however once again long for the day I graduate and start my life long goal of becoming a teacher!

From the time I was 3 years old I have always wanted to be a teacher. I just felt so inclined to always help others, so teaching seemed to be my best option for sure.I often wondered if one day  I would change my mind, but I am now finishing up my freshmen year of college,and I still feel the same passion and love for teaching as I did when  I was three years old.

I hope one day I am able to spread my love for life, children and The lord all across America by opening up an orphanage, but until then I will sit back and continue to share my heart the way I always have! I hope that one day everyone will find the peace in knowing that they are so LOVED by The Lord.

Until the next time blog lovers!

XOXOXOXO,

Maggie

1 comment:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com