Friday, March 21, 2014

Doin' What Blake Likes!!

Let me start off by just saying OH MY GOODNESS! Blake Shelton seriously rocked reliant last night!

As soon as the rodeo line-up came out this year, and I saw that Blake was going to be there I quickly began my search for tickets. I searched every ticket website, asked every friend, and even went as far as tweeting to anyone who was willing to make my heart happy and hook a girl up with some BS tickets. After all my searching I was unable to find tickets, and I knew I was just going to have to move on, and hope from some future ones. I started listening to Blake back when his first single became popular in about '05. Scary to think I was in the fifth grade. Man am I getting old!!!! Anyways, after the song Austin came out and I listened to it over 1000 times, I kind of stopped following Blake and didn't keep up with him. It wasn't until about 4 years ago when  I started to watch The Voice, that I started to REALLY like him! Little by little I got back into my BS stage and started to really follow his music again. About two years ago though is when I completely fell head over heels for a man that I knew I would never have the chance of marrying... (Heck with you Miranda!)

 Ok, back to the rodeo and wanting tickets to see BS. Last Saturday my dear dear friend Laura told me that she might know someone with Blake Shelton tickets, but that she would need to double check, and she would let me know as soon as she found out. Seriously I was OVER JOYED, but I didn't want to get my hopes up. That Sunday I got the BEST text message of my life... it read "Okay the Blake Shelton tickets are officially available! 4 tickets with parking pass too! Free of charge!" I think I teared up a little bit when I read that message. How could I go from not finding any tickets to being offered 4 free tickets WITH a parking pass? God knew how much I wanted those tickets, and he knew Ellen had the heart of angel to be sweet enough to make my heart so happy. Oh and I forgot to mention these seats were about 5 rows up from the action seats, so pretty much front and center!

I knew right away who was going with me, and it was My mom, Dad ( they are huge fans too), and my friend Carrie! All week long I looked forward to Thursday night, the night that would make me have no cares in the world. Wednesday was a rough day I went to school and then went right to work and worked for 12 straight hours!!!! Talk about HELL. When that clock struck midnight and I was leaving work, all I could think of was tomorrow I will be getting home from Blake Shelton at this time. So all Thursday I contemplated what I was going to wear to my husbands  concert.

We left at about six for the rodeo and it was perfect. Traffic was a little heavy but not too bad. We ate some delicious rodeo food, and walked around a little before we headed for our seats. We got to our seats at about 8:30 and anxiously waited for Blakey to come on! Y'all as soon as he walked on that stage I seriously started to melt. He continued to rock reliant the entire hour. That man is seriously the sweetest he said thank you about a million times, and each time I thought "no, THANK YOU BLAKE!" He is one talented singer. He also surprised the crowd and brought along Miranda Lambert! I have to admit I am not really a fan of hers I think she is rather trashy, but last night she did a fabulous job with the song "Home" by Michael Buble. As soon as he ended Honey Bee, which was his last song we headed for the car! The entire way home I was still in such shock at how great he was and how much I enjoyed my night! If I could do it over I SOO would.

I wouldn't have been able to do this without the help of my dear friend Laura and her generous friend Ellen! So, thank you both for making this such a wonderful experience!!!

I will leave you with some pictures that I was able to capture last night from my seat!!




Until next time friends!

XOXOXOXO,

Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com